2-Step Login, also known as 2-Step Verification or Multi-Factor Authentication, provides an additional measure of security for your Wilmington University account.
This procedure is required for Faculty and Staff only at this time.
To Setup 2-Step Login:
- Go to the following Microsoft website to begin the registration process for multi-factor authentication: https://aka.ms/ssprsetup
- Enter your WilmU email address. ( email@example.com )
- You will then be taken to “your organization’s sign-in page”. This is the standard WilmU login page.
- Enter your WilmU password.
- After signing-in, you will see the following page
- Add at least two methods for two-step login. A summary of each method is listed below.
- Two methods will be required for additional security and self-service features of your WilmU account that will be rolled out in Summer 2021.
- Click “Add method” and select an option from the list.
- Phone (Text)
- This is the most common method, and easiest to configure.
- With this method, each time you enter your password, you will receive an SMS message to your cell phone with a 6-digit code. You will be prompted to enter this code to complete your login.
- Please note that standard text messaging rates will apply.
- Phone (Call)
- If you do not have routine access to a cell phone with text messaging, this is a viable alternative.
- With this method, each time you enter your password, you will receive a call on the number you enter and a code will be read aloud to you. You will prompted to enter the code to complete your login.
- Enter a 10-digit phone number (i.e. 302-555-5555). Do not enter a 1 before the area code. The country code is selected separately.
- Authenticator App
- For this method, you will need to install the “Microsoft Authenticator” app, available for iOS and Google Play, on your smartphone.
- Use your WilmU email address and password to configure Microsoft Authenticator on your smartphone.
- After Microsoft Authenticator configured, this is the simplest method for 2-step login—after you enter your password, you can simply hit “approved” in the app to complete your login. No need to enter a code!
- Phone (Text)
- Repeat Step 7 for each method you add.
- Remember, please add two methods now. Two methods will be required by the end of Summer 2021.