Student Email Accounts
Use your myWilmU email account to SEND and RECEIVE all your student email.
- How you will receive your myWilmU email account information
- Your myWilmU student email address
- Examples of myWilmU student email addresses
- Additional information about your new myWilmU email account
- Setup your myWilmU email account on your computer or mobile device
- What happened to your old @wildcats.wilmu.edu email account
How and When You Will Receive Your myWilmU Student Email Account
- Your myWilmU email account will be created and assigned to you after you enroll in courses for the first time at Wilmington University.
- When your myWilmU email account is created, you will receive notification by email message to your personal/alternate email address (the email address you provided on your Application for Admission).
- Didn't get the message? See I Didn't Receive My myWilmU Account Information.
Your myWilmU Student Email Address
Your myWilmU student email address will consist of:
- Your First Initial
- Your Full Last Name
Up to 15 characters. Last Names longer than 15 characters will be truncated. Hyphens, apostrophes, or other special characters will be excluded.
- 3 digits (randomly assigned)
These three digits are to ensure no duplicates, and have no relationship to any other student information. For your security, they are not part of or based on any other personally-identifiable information in your student record. These digits cannot be manually chosen, requested, nor changed.
You will learn your full email address once your account is created and assigned to you.
Your email address and password is the same as your myWilmU / Self-Service login and password, which you received after you were first admitted to Wilmington University. More about your myWilmU login account.
- If the student’s name is James Brown
his email address may be email@example.com
- If the student’s name is Susan Thompson
her email address may be firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the student’s name is Margaret Williamson-Burdette
her email address may be email@example.com
Note that this last name is both longer than 15 characters and contains a hyphen. Only the first 15 characters is included, and the hyphen is excluded.
- If the student’s name is Antonio Garcia-Pérez
his email address may be firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that this last name contains the special character é, which is replaced by the corresponding letter e without the accent.
More About myWilmU Student Email Accounts
- Use your new myWilmU email right away to get all email from Wilmington University.
- Access your new email account on the web via the myWilmU portal. More info…
- Use your myWilmU login account to setup your new email account on your desktop software or mobile devices.
- All your instructors, advisors, and Academic Colleges and University departments will start using your new myWilmU email address to send you email as soon as you get your account. Systems like Blackboard and our Mass/Emergency Notification system, which we regularly use to email you, will be automatically updated with your new email address.
What Happened To @wildcats.wilmu.edu Email Accounts
All Wilmington University students or alumni who held a @wildcats.wilmu.edu email account were issued new email accounts ending in @my.wilmu.edu in March 2017. These accounts replaced the former @wildcats.wilmu.edu email accounts.
- Your @wildcats.wilmu.edu email is no longer accessible since the retirement of WebCampus in October 2017. Contact our Technology Support for additional information about your old @wildcats account if needed.
- All email sent to your @wildcats email address will be delivered to your new myWilmU inbox.
- No new messages will be delivered to your @wildcats.wilmu.edu address.
- All messages will continue to be redirected to your myWilmU until the end of the life of your old account (see below).
- If you used email forwarding on your @wildcats.wilmu.edu email account:
- If you had setup your @wildcats.wilmu.edu to forward to your messages to an alternate account, this forwarding was not configured for your @mywilmu account. You will need to log in to myWilmU to access your email and re-configure forwarding if desired.
- If you have setup forwarding from your @wildcats.wilmu.edu email, you may be used to receiving your student email at your forwarded address, and therefore may not immediately realize you are no longer receiving your student email. Please be sure to log in to myWilmU to access your new email account as soon as you are notified that it is ready.
- Forwarding your messages automatically to a different email address is not recommended. Wilmington University cannot be responsible for delivery of important messages from your instructors, College, or administrative offices to the forwarding account.
- Alternately, you can set up your desktop or mobile email software/app to get and send email from your new myWilmU account.