Wilmington University Accreditation
Wilmington University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, 267-284-5000 (MSCHE), a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose members comprise approximately 500 collegiate institutions.
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2680
Tel: (215) 662-5606, Fax: 215-662-5501
Accreditation of an institution by the Commission on Higher Education indicates that an institution meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied through a peer group review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the future.
Wilmington University was first accredited in 1975 and our last accreditation was in 2015.
Veteran and International Students
Wilmington University programs have been approved for training of eligible veterans and international students.
Special College or Program Accreditations
Many Wilmington University Academic Colleges and individual academic programs hold special accreditations from professional or educational organizations in specific disciplines. See each College below for their specific accreditations.
- College of Business
- International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
- College of Education
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), formerly known as NCATE
- College of Health Professions
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- American Bar Association (ABA)- Legal Studies Program
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) - Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program