Human Subjects Review
Collection of Materials
- Human Subjects Review Policies and Procedures
Overview of Human subjects review process.
- Human Subjects Protection Training
Providing a certificate of training concerning the protection of human subjects is a requirement for conducting research at Wilmington University. The certificate needs to be less than three years old. The University has an institutional contract with Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) which provides access for all people affiliated with the University to designated, online training tracks as well as other online training modules. Confer with your research advisor or a member of the Human Subjects Review Committee to determine what training is appropriate for your research.
Instructions for accessing the training are attached. You should make a copy of your completion record including your quiz grades for the required modules and attach it to your Human Subjects form. The University requires 80% or higher for passing a module. Quizzes may be retaken.
- Standard Human Subjects Form
If you are a Wilmington University student conducting thesis or dissertation research, fill out the Record and Review of Research Protocol and submit it to a member of the Human Subjects Review Committee. (Researchers who are not Wilmington University students will need to first submit the proposal to an appropriate dean or executive for approval prior to submission to a member of the committee.) Proposals must be complete, including all specified attachments, in order to be evaluated.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Evidence-Based Practice Project Form
If you are a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) student conducting an evidence-based practice (EBP) project, fill out the Doctor of Nursing Practice EBP Form and submit it to a member of the Human Subjects Review Committee. Proposals must be complete, including all specified attachments, in order to be evaluated.
- Informed Consent, Assent, and Implied Consent Guidelines
This document contains the following:
- Informed consent form checklist for adults
- Overview of parental consent and child assent forms
- Wilmington University parental consent form outline
- Wilmington University assent form outline
- Sample invitation for a short, no risk, anonymous survey with implied consent
- Conducting Research at Wilmington University if You are Not a Student (14KB)
This document describes the procedures to be followed if you are not a Wilmington University student. It applies in the following cases:
- Research conducted by Wilmington University faculty that involves human subjects.
- Wilmington University employees who are students at other schools and wish to collect data from the University, its students, or employees as part of thesis or dissertation requirements.
- Outside researchers who wish to collect data from the University, its students, or employees.