Human Subjects Review
Collection of Materials
- Human Subjects Review Policies and Procedures
Overview of Human subjects review process.
- Online Tutorial for Human Subject Participation
The link included below will take you to the National Cancer Institute’s online tutorial for human participant protections education for research.
- Standard Human Subjects Form
The Standard Human Subjects Form should be used by all Wilmington University doctoral students and all other categories of researchers except for master's degree students who meet the exemption requirements as stated in Section 5. Fill out the standard form and submit it to a member of the Human Subjects Review Committee. (Researchers who are not Wilmington University students will need to first submit the proposal to an appropriate dean or executive for approval prior to submission to a member of the committee.) Proposals must be complete, including all specified attachments, in order to be evaluated.
- Exempt Human Subjects Form
The Exempt Human Subjects Form may only be used if you are a Wilmington University master's degree student, your research advisor allows use of this form, and your research qualifies as being exempt as described in CFR 46.101(b). (All other researchers should use the Standard Human Subject Form, even if they believe their research is exempt.) The exempt categories are listed in the form, and you must select the category you believe represents the proposed research. Confer with your research advisor if you are not sure whether your research qualifies as being exempt.
- Videos on How to Fill Out the Human Subjects Review Forms
The first video provides an example of filling out the Standard Human Subjects Review Form. The second video shows how to fill out the Exempt Human Subjects Review Form. Please read the previous paragraph to see whether you are permitted to use the exempt form. When in doubt, use the standard form.
Whichever form you use, please make sure that you provide enough information so that a reviewer would be able to understand the value of your research and the ways you will ensure that the rights of human subjects are being protected. Forms which do not have proper spelling and grammar will not be reviewed.
- Informed Consent, Assent, and Implied Consent Guidelines
This document contains the following:
- Informed consent form checklist for adults
- Overview of parental consent and child assent forms
- Wilmington University parental consent form outline
- Wilmington University assent form outline
- Sample invitation for a short, no risk, anonymous survey with implied consent
- Conducting Research at Wilmington University if You are Not a Student (14KB)
This document describes the procedures to be followed if you are not a Wilmington University student. It applies in the following cases:
- Research conducted by Wilmington University faculty that involves human subjects.
- Wilmington University employees who are students at other schools and wish to collect data from the University, its students, or employees as part of thesis or dissertation requirements.
- Outside researchers who wish to collect data from the University, its students, or employees.