Sharing and Copying Canvas Content
How to Use
Select Announcement(s) to Copy
- Go to course with the announcement(s) you want to copy.
- Click on Announcements
- Check the box next to each announcement you want to copy.
- Click the "Copy" button.
Select Copy Destination and Announcement Settings
- In the pop-up menu, select the course you would like to copy to.
- Only active courses where you are enrolled as a teacher are shown.
- Scroll-down (if needed) and select the settings for the announcements when copied
- Whether or not students can comment
- Delayed posting date/time. We recommend always using a delayed posting time, so you can review the copied announcements before notifications are sent.
- Click "Copy to Course" and wait for the copy process to complete
Review Copied Announcement(s)
- Go to the destination course and review the copied announcements
- If your announcements had links, it is recommended to also use the link validator to see if there are any broken links that need to be updated. (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-validate-links-in-a-course/ta-p/1001)
Share your feedback and/or report issues with this feature using the Canvas Feedback form.
Disclaimer: This feature required custom coding and is maintained at the university level. It may break (temporarily or permanently) after future updates to Canvas. This will not affect any announcements that were already copied to a new course, but it may interfere with your ability to copy additional announcements using this feature.
Sharing or copying course content from one course to another can be done quickly using the direct share option. This tool allows you to share assignments, quizzes, discussions, and pages with another instructor or copy these items into another active course. Please note that Outcomes Assessment assignments should not be copied between courses
How to use Direct Share from Assignments, Quizzes, Discussions, and Pages:
- Click the three vertical dots to the right of the content you want to send or copy (1).
- Select Send To.. or Copy To... (2) at the bottom of the menu.
How to use Direct Share from Individual Content Items:
- Click the three vertical dots to the right
- Select Send To or Copy To.
How to manage content received via Direct Share:
In Global Navigation, click the Account link , and then click the Shared Content link .
From the Received Content page, you can preview shared content, import content items into your course or courses, and remove the item from your received content list. Removing a content item deletes the item from your list of received items. However, if you have imported the item into a course, the content item is not removed from your course. Learn more about how to manage content shared using Direct Share.