Student Affairs in Higher Education Certificate Students
College of Education & Liberal Arts

Graduate Certificate in Student Affairs in Higher Education

Grow Your Career in Higher Education Student Affairs with a Graduate Certificate

Looking to enter the field of higher education or advance your current career? In this 100% online, 15-credit certificate program, you’ll learn to create positive learning environments that promote the engagement and success of college-level students.

Coursework That Blends Theory and Application

You’ll study research-based best practices related to student development, student engagement and assessment of student learning. Expert instructors will share their real-world experience in courses that include Introduction to Student Affairs, Law and Policy in Higher Education, and Student Development Theory and Contemporary College Students.

Hands-On Learning to Build Your Resume and Professional Network

An immersive three-credit field experience will allow you to build partnerships while engaging in supervised leadership experiences. You will assemble a professional portfolio with tangible assets showcasing your experiences, growth and reflections.

Apply Your Certificate Credits to an MEd in Higher Education

This Student Affairs in Higher Education certificate is not only a valuable standalone credential. All 15 credits can also be applied toward WilmU’s Master’s in Higher Education degree program. Once you’ve completed your certificate, you’ll be halfway through the requirements for the MEd!

Dual-Credit ADVANTAGE™ Program

Earn this Dual-Credit Certificate and apply the credits to a related WilmU degree program! Dual-Credit ADVANTAGE lets you earn multiple credentials simultaneously — accelerating your education goals and making your credits even more valuable. Learn more about WilmU's Dual-Credit ADVANTAGE™.

Why a WilmU Certificate?

Wilmington University certificate programs teach you the subject-specific knowledge you need to advance in your career or to simply explore a new field. Build skills that can give you greater opportunities in your evolving field today. Many WilmU certificate programs can be completed online or at several of our face-to-face locations!

Careers Related to the Student Affairs in Higher Education Certificate

  • Academic or Career Advisor
  • Admissions Officer
  • College Athletics and Recreation
  • Student Life and Campus Life (New Student Orientation, Residence Life, Multicultural Affairs, etc.)

The Student Affairs in Higher Education certificate is available in the following formats and locations:



Learn More About the Admissions Process
and How Easy It is to Start Your Student Affairs in Higher Education Certificate.

Program Admission Apply Now