Video Content for Academic Courses and Programs
The multimedia department assists instructors, chairs, coordinators, and developers to create engaging course and content for academic programs.
What types of video services are provided?
Academic Course Content
- Course Overview Video
- Instructor Welcome Video
- Instructor Weekly Overview Video
- Course-related Guest Speakers
- Course-related Instructional Topics and Lecture Video
What to Expect When Working With Our Team
Once you have determined that you want to add video content to your online course, you should follow these steps:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting with the team about your needs. Take a look at our Multimedia Video Gallery to get some ideas on the type of content you want produced and the production quality we can help you achieve.
- In this meeting, the Multimedia team will discuss how we can help assist you, the outline for production based on the content we decide upon, and give you a timeline for completion.
- Prepare your resources (PowerPoint, screencasts, etc.) and scripting for video content.
- Check in with Multimedia once you have almost completed resources and scripting to book a date in the studio (if needed) for on-camera production. At this time Multimedia will discuss best practices with you to make the production successful.
- Attend production dates if using on screen or on location video content. If recording screen captures, work with the Multimedia to go over best practices to capture this footage at your location.
- Once footage is obtained, Multimedia will begin work on editing and finalization.
- Edited footage will be sent to you for approval.
- Once approval is obtained and there are no changes needed, then footage will be sent to Online Learning to add to your course template.
This service is NOT for recording student presentations.REQUEST A PROJECT
For assistance in deciding if this service is right for your event, you may contact email@example.com or fill out the project request form.
Please request service by filling out the form at least 3 weeks before the event. A staff member will then contact you to verify availability of this service.
Following the event, the footage will be edited and then uploaded to a video sharing web site. This process will take approximately 3-6 weeks, depending on the queue of projects. Once your video is ready, we will send you a link so you can share the video via email, Twitter, or embed it directly on a web page or Canvas.
In the case of guest speakers and special presentations, all presenters appearing on camera (other than incidental background appearances) MUST fill out a release form found here. This form must be filled out for each presenter or speaker who will appear on camera. Completed forms must be filled out and emailed back to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the scheduled event. No event can be captured unless completed release forms have been returned.