Prior to meeting with Human Resources to complete the orientation process, please take time to complete the three online training programs listed below.
Required Employee Training
- Unlawful Harassment and Preventing Sex Discrimination and Violence on Campus: Wilmington University is committed to maintaining an environment free from unlawful harassment. After your one-on-one new employee orientation in the Human Resources Office, you will receive a personalized e-training link to complete both the Unlawful Harassment training and the Preventing Sex Discrimination and Sexual Violence on Campus training.
- Identity Theft Prevention - Wilmington University provides Identity Theft Prevention training to employees in compliance with FTC regulations. Please complete the Identity Theft Prevention tutorial. The Financial Affairs office with be automatically notified of your successful completion via email.
Additional Ongoing Faculty and Staff Training
- Human Resources Training Series: Employee Training and Development opportunities to foster professional growth and manage work/life balance. Employees are encouraged and rewarded for participation in Human Resources sponsored on-site and online training programs.
- Educational Technology Training Series: Employee Technology Training to enhance employee productivity in the office and/or classroom.
Wilmington University is proud to offer a rich benefits program to staff and faculty. Please select your employee classification below for information on the employee benefits that are available to you.
Full-Time Employee Benefits
This information serves as an initial overview of the benefit programs available to full-time faculty and staff at Wilmington University. Additional information regarding your benefit options, including insurance premiums, will be discussed in further detail during your one-on-one orientation in the Human Resources Office.
Your Benefits At A Glance
Download A Guide to Your Benefits to learn more about our "Best Places to Work" benefits suite.
Employee Discount Programs
Paid Time Off
To enhance work/life balance, Wilmington University provides vacation, sick and other paid time off for eligible employees:
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Jury Duty
- Community Service
- Paid Parental Leave
Part-Time Employee Benefits
This information serves as an initial overview of the benefit programs available to part-time staff at Wilmington University. Additional information regarding your benefit options will be discussed in further detail during your one-on-one orientation in the Human Resources Office.
Your Benefits At A Glance
Part-time staff may be eligible to contribute pre-tax earnings to the University 403(b) retirement program. Wilmington University does not make employer contributions into 403(b) accounts for part-time staff. If you are interested in contributing your earnings into a 403(b) retirement account, please contact HR to discuss your enrollment options.
Employee Discount Programs
- Flex World Fitness
- New Castle County School Employees Federal Credit Union
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Clarion Hotel and the Quality Inn & Suites by Choice Hotels
- Dover Federal Credit Union
- Amazon Smile
- Wilmington University Perks
- Siegel JCC Membership Discount
- Les Mills OnDemand Membership Discount
- Part-time Tuition Benefit
Part-time employees may be eligible for FMLA leave, which is unpaid job protection. Learn more
Employee Assistance Program
Wilmington University offers a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program for full-time faculty/staff and for eligible part-time staff. Health Advocate provides resources to help employees and their eligible family members to maintain a healthy work life balance. Click an image below for more information:
Employee Health, Wellness and Appreciation Programs
Wilmington University’s Human Resources Office, otherwise known as the Office of Positive Mojo, is proud to offer a variety of health, wellness and appreciation programs to employees.
Note: Employees may not be eligible for all programs. Further details will be available during your one-on-one orientation in the Human Resources Office.
Positive Mojo Awards
Employee Wellness Programs - “Bringing Healthy Back”
Employee Wellness Center
Health Advocate Employee Assistance Program
HR Personal, Professional, Health & Wellness Training Programs
Safety and Security
Wilmington University is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for faculty, staff, students and their friends and family. To learn more about how Wilmington University works to keep a safe and secure campus, visit:
You are expected to help identify any safety or security violations that might present danger to yourself or others. Employee responsibilities include the following:
- Complying with all federal, state, and local rules and regulations relevant to their work.
- Following established work procedures and safety guidelines in their area.
- Integrating safety into each task performed at Wilmington University.
- Protecting themselves and their fellow employees against undue exposures to hazards in the workplace.
- Using the personal protective equipment issued to protect themselves from identified hazards.
- Informing their supervisors of any accident or hazard causing conditions that occur while on the job.
- Reporting and, when possible, correcting unsafe or unhealthy working conditions, practices or procedures.
If you observe any situations with which you are uncomfortable please report your concerns immediately to our Public Safety Department (302-325-3333). Wilmington University may, from time to time, electronically monitor public areas in order to deter crime and to assist the University Public Safety Department in providing for the security and safety of individuals and property of the University community.
Information regarding the Wilmington University Site-specific Security Plans or Emergency Procedure Guide can be obtained by contacting the Security Office at 302-325-3333 or at: http://www.wilmu.edu/security/index.aspx.
Once you have completed NEO Online, please bring all completed new hire paperwork to the Human Resources Office for your pre-scheduled on-site orientation. At that time, a Human Resources representative will collect your new hire paperwork, verify your employee information, and review additional employment details including Wilmington University benefits and rewards programs. If you have not already scheduled an on-site orientation, please call the Human Resources Office at 302-356-6774 as soon as possible to do so.
Completing the Orientation
Thank you for taking the time to become familiar with Wilmington University. As an employee, you will have access to this site throughout your career at Wilmington.