Wilmington University is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA Division II) and the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC). The CACC is comprised of 12 colleges and universities throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut. The Wildcats compete in sixteen major sports: baseball, basketball, lacrosse, soccer, cross country, track & field and golf for men and basketball, soccer, cross country, track & field, softball, volleyball, tennis, bowling and lacrosse for women. Wilmington University also has a cheerleading team that performs at basketball games, competes in local and national competitions, and can be seen at many other campus and community events.
Academic Probation: Penalties
Student-athletes who are on probation at the end of the fall or spring semester will not be eligible for participation until they are off of probation. Please see the Wilmington University Student-Athlete Handbook for more information.
Student-Athlete GPA Requirements
All student-athletes must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 to be certified for intercollegiate athletic competition. Student-athletes will be certified to compete at the beginning of the academic year by the Compliance Coordinator.
- Student-athletes may be permitted to miss class to participate in regular-season athletic competitions, provided the student-athlete has given the instructor a copy of his or her team schedule and team travel schedule at the beginning of the semester/block
- All student-athletes are required to provide each of their instructors a copy of their game and team travel schedules. If these are not provided to the instructor, the instructor may elect to not excuse the athlete for the game.
- Play offs are typically not on the schedule, as they are not scheduled in advance by the conference. If a team makes the play offs, student-athletes must notify their instructors.
- Student-athletes may need to be excused from class early for team travel. The time of departure will be indicated on the team travel schedule.
- Student-athletes are responsible for making up any missed work and/or assignments.
- Student-athletes may not miss class for the following reasons: practice, out-of-season games or team meetings.