Remote Learning and Virtual Meeting Requirements
Wilmington University cares about the safety and well-being of its virtual and physical communities. We encourage respectful environments in which students and instructors can share their diverse experiences, thoughts and ideas. To maintain courteous virtual communities, please adhere to the following requirements during virtual meetings and synchronous class sessions:
- Driving requires your undivided attention. Therefore, please do not participate in any activity that takes your attention away from the road, including Zoom or synchronous class sessions.
Dress for Virtual Meetings or Sessions
Participants attending virtual or synchronous WilmU classes are required to wear appropriate clothing. We prohibit the following garments during Zoom, synchronous class sessions, WilmU-sponsored activities, or WilmU-meetings:
- Visible underwear
- Swim attire
- Clothing with offensive, vulgar, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic, misogynistic, or insensitive language or images
Background Screen Requirements during Zoom or Synchronous Class Sessions
- Offensive, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, misogynistic, or insensitive images are prohibited.
Behavior during Zoom or Synchronous Class Sessions
- We understand that class discussions can become emotional and encourage an open and diverse exchange of thoughts and ideas. However, students using racist, misogynistic or vulgar language may be asked to leave a session.
- Please do not share Zoom links or any other virtual links with anyone unless asked by an instructor to share with fellow students.