Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) Admission
Please view the introduction letter from the Chair of the Doctor of Business Administration program here.
The Doctor of Business Administration program has rolling admissions and completed applications will be reviewed throughout the year. Applicants interested in applying will need to first submit a completed application file with all required documents before the deadline listed below. It is encouraged that applicants apply early for a cohort that they are interested in. The DBA admissions process is a multi-step process and an applicant will be asked to complete the following steps before being considered for admittance: application materials review, a two faculty panel interview, and an assessments session testing on critical thinking, writing, and finance.
The DBA program is currently accepting applications for the following:
- Spring 2024 – Online Cohort
- Completed applications will be considered up until 11/30/2023 or until cohort is filled.
- Fall 2024 – Online Cohort
- Completed applications will be considered up until 8/1/2024 or until cohort is filled.
The DBA program is no longer accepting applications for the following:
- Fall 2023 – Online Cohort (cohort closed)
For consideration and admission to the Doctor of Business Administration program, applicants must first submit the following documentation for review:
- A Completed Doctoral Application
A $35 non-refundable application fee is required.
- Official Transcripts, reflecting the following:
- The completion of a bachelor’s and master’s degree with listed conferral dates.
Official Transcripts may be sent electronically or by mail, directly from the school of attendance, in a sealed envelope to:
Any transcripts from institutions outside of the United States require an official course-by-course evaluation by a NACES.org approved agency.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
All letters of recommendation must be from professional sources. One letter should be from an employer who is able to discuss your professional skills. If possible, at least one letter should be from a professor who is able to comment on your academic performance and ability to pursue doctoral studies.Recommendations are to be requested through your Admissions Portal.
- A Current Resume
Please upload a current resume in either a word document or PDF in your Admissions Portal.
- A Statement of Goals and Objectives
Please submit your Statement of Goals and Objectives as either a word document or PDF in your Admissions Portal.Your answers must be in essay format, typed, and double spaced. Both the content of your answers and your ability to write are being evaluated, so proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, and organization of thought are important.
Please provide a 2-3 page paper covering the following points:
- What are your professional and/or personal reasons for pursuing a Doctor of Business Administration degree?
- Collegial support (helping each other develop as professionals) is fundamental to the DBA program. Provide an example in which you helped a peer solve a career-related problem or strengthen needed skills. What personal skills and insights will be valuable in helping other DBA students succeed in the program and grow professionally?
- The ability to maintain a purpose in spite of difficulties and/or obstacles is essential to the DBA program. Provide an example of a time when you encountered significant resistance or a major setback on a project you were working on, but managed to work through it anyway. What steps did you take to complete the project? What factors did you consider?
- Describe one or two areas of business research that are of special interest to you. Explain why these are interesting research areas.
- If You are an International Student, please Click Here for Additional Admission Requirements
The DBA Program highly recommends that all applicants submit a complete application package with all materials, rather than submitting their application in pieces. Applications will not be sent to the admissions committee for review until all above documents are received by the Office of Admissions.