Post Master's Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (P.M.H.N.P.) Certificate Admission
Application Deadline for Fall Term Admission: March 1st
Application Deadline for Spring Term Admission: October 1st
For consideration and admission to the Post Master's Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certificate, applicants should submit the following:
1. A completed Wilmington University graduate application and the non-refundable application fee
Submit materials by October 1st for spring admission consideration.
Submit materials by March 1st for fall admission consideration.
2. Self-reporting Nursing Science Grades*
*The Self-reporting Nursing Science grades are recorded on the online application.
The Nurse Practitioner program reviews all science courses as part of the admission criteria. If you took science courses that were not part of the transcript provided for your RN or B.S.N. degree please self-report the science course grade. Upon
3. Official transcripts, reflecting the following:
- Graduation from a nationally accredited baccalaureate program in nursing and nationally accredited masters program in Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Scholastic GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of
an graduatehealth assessment, advanced pathophysiology, and advanced pharmacology course, with a grade of “C” or better (Nurse Practitioner concentrations only).
- Current students and/or previous applicants may not need to re-submit transcripts. Please check your Admissions Portal to verify missing documents.
- Transcripts required upon acceptance showing science grades.
Official Transcripts may be sent electronically or by mail to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Attn: Ellen Prichard
31 Read's Way
New Castle, DE 19720
Any transcripts from institutions outside of the United States require an official course-by-course evaluation by a NACES.org approved agency.
4. A current resume and your Statement of Goals* in either a word document or PDF in your Admissions Portal
* As directed in your admissions packet.
A unrestricted RN and APRN License A unrestrictedRN and APRN License
- Evidence for national F.N.P. certification or eligibility to sit for national NP certification
- Evidence for
completionof at least 500 clinical hours
- Proof of licensure should be uploaded through the Admissions Portal
6. Letter of Recommendation
- One professional letter of recommendation (from either a previous or immediate supervisor and/or a former nursing faculty member who can attest to the applicant's clinical knowledge, skill and potential aptitude for graduate study)
- References will not be accepted from colleagues or family members
- Recommendations are to be requested through the Admissions Portal
7. International students must provide results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) that meet the current minimum score requirements*
Minimum overall score
Minimum individual test scores
*Note: International student must complete all admission requirements before being accepted to Wilmington University. Please review the admissions requirements.