Family Nurse Practitioner M.S.N. and Post Master's Certificates Admission
Students are admitted to this program twice per year.
Application Deadline for Fall Term Admission: March 1st
- Admittance for: Family Nurse Practitioner, Wilson Graduate Center, Brandywine, and Georgetown.
- All applicants who are admitted are expected to enroll in the Fall Term of the year of their admission, with classes beginning in August.
Application Deadline for Spring Term Admission: September 1st
- Admittance for: Family Nurse Practitioner, Wilson Graduate Center
- All applicants who are admitted are expected to enroll in the Spring Term of the year of their admission, with classes beginning in January.
For consideration and admission to the Master of Science in Nursing program:
1. A completed Wilmington University graduate application and the non-refundable application fee
Submit materials by March 1st for fall admission consideration and September 1st for spring admission consideration.
2. Self-reporting Nursing Science Grades*
*The Self-reporting Nursing Science grades are recorded on the online application.
The Nurse Practitioner program reviews all science courses as part of the admission criteria. If you took science courses that were not part of the transcript provided for your RN or BSN degree please self-report the science course grade. Upon
3. Official transcripts, reflecting the following:
- Graduation from a nationally accredited bachelors of science in nursing (BSN) program.
- Completion of an undergraduate health assessment course, with a grade of “C” or better, or an equivalent continuing education course (Nurse Practitioner concentrations only).
- Current students and/or previous applicants may not need to re-submit transcripts. Please check your WebCampus to verify missing documents.
- Transcripts required upon acceptance showing science grades.
my be sent electronically or by mail to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Attn: Ellen Prichard
31 Read's Way
New Castle, DE 19720
Any transcripts from institutions outside of the United States require an official course-by-course evaluation by a NACES.org approved agency.
4. Please submit a current resume, a current unrestricted RN License, and your Statement of Goals* in either a word document or PDF in your Admissions Portal
* As directed in your admissions packet.
5. International students must provide results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) that meet the current minimum score requirements*
Minimum overall score
Minimum individual test scores
*Note: International student must complete all admission requirements before being accepted to Wilmington University. Please review the admissions requirements.
The review process takes approximately two months past the deadline date. After the files are turned over to the College of Health Professions the admissions team is no longer involved. The MSN-NP program has a two-stage admissions process. The first stage consists of an in-depth evaluation of the completed application materials by the MSN-NP review committee. Applicants who have met the MSN-NP program standards on all of the admissions application packet materials will then be invited to continue the second stage of the admissions application process which includes an interview. Decisions regarding final acceptance are made by the MSN-NP admissions committee following these interviews.