1098-T Forms

Information about 1098-T forms and availability for the 2018 tax year is coming soon.

About 1098-T Tax Forms

NOTE:  The information below is for U.S. citizens and resident aliens.

Wilmington University is required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to issue Form 1098-T (Tuition Statement) to any student enrolled during the academic terms in a calendar year. For terms in a calendar year, Form 1098-T documents if your enrollment status is at least half-time, and whether you were enrolled as a graduate student during the reporting period. The form also includes any scholarships or grants received between January 1 and December 31. Additionally, the form includes calendar year adjustments to charges, scholarships and grants for prior years.

The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 included two tax credits that may be available to persons who pay higher education costs: the Hope Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit. Wilmington University cannot determine if you are eligible for either of these credits or the amount of the credit for which you may qualify. Please consult your tax advisor or IRS Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education, for more information.

Information reported on the federal form 1098-T by Wilmington University is based on transactions that occur on the student's account within a single federal tax year (January 1–December 31). Since Wilmington’s standard academic year spans two tax years, transactions for one academic year may be reported in two separate tax years, which could affect the 1098-T form from one year to the next.