Graduate Certificate in Teacher Licensure - Special Education Admission
Please refer to the Certificate Admissions Process section for general admission information.
For admission to the Graduate Certificate in Teacher Licensure - Special Education program, applicants must submit:
- A Completed Graduate Application
A $35 non-refundable application fee is required.
- Official Transcripts, reflecting the following:
- Completion of one or more of the following Wilmington University programs with a GPA of 3.0 or higher:
- Masters in Education, Education Studies, Special Education (K-12)
Official Transcripts may be sent electronically or by mail, directly from the school of attendance, in a sealed envelope to:
Any transcripts from institutions outside of the United States require an official course-by-course evaluation by a NACES.org approved agency.
Note: In order to receive financial aid official transcripts must be on file. Candidates for Wilmington University’s graduate programs must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Praxis II in candidate’s content area and Praxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Applications
Applicants for the Graduate Certificate in Teacher Licensure - Special Education program must present their Praxis II in Special Education: Core Knowledge and Applications, as well as their Praxis II scores for the subject in which they are seeking certification as determined by the Delaware Department of Education. Please upload these scores as a word document or PDF in the Admissions Portal.
- Program Planning Conference
To schedule your Program Planning Conference with your Program Advisor complete an Online Request form.