Business Administration M.B.A. Admission
1. A Graduate Application
A $35 non-refundable application fee is required.
2. Official transcripts
Request an official degree conferral transcript to be sent electronically or to the address below. An incoming MBA student completing any of the MBA admission course pre-requisites at a school other than the degree-granting institution will need to submit the official transcripts from the institution in which the pre-requisite course was completed.
- Electronically or
- Send directly from the school of attendance in a sealed envelope to:
31 Read's Way
New Castle, DE 19720-6491
Note: In order to receive financial aid official transcripts must be on file.
3. Program Planning Conference
- For assistance in scheduling your Program Planning Conference with your Program Chair please contact an Admissions Specialist
- Call: 877-967-5464 Text: 302-203-9516 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Register for MBA 6000 as your first course
Students who have met the admission requirements are advanced to degree candidacy after completing four courses with a minimum GPA of 3.0, provided they have met the following requirements:
- Successfully completed MBA 6000 as one of the first four courses in the program.
- Completed at least three credits in undergraduate mathematics with a grade of “C” or better at the level of college algebra, college mathematics, statistics or higher (equivalent to Wilmington University MAT 110 or higher or a passing grade on the CLEP college algebra examination).
- Completed at least three credits in undergraduate economics with a grade of “C” or better (equivalent to Wilmington University ECO 105 or a passing grade on the CLEP microeconomics or macroeconomics examination).
- Accounting*. Three credits of undergraduate Accounting I with a grade of “C” or better (equivalent to Wilmington University BAC 101). Students may complete MBA 5850, Financial Accounting for MBAs, to meet this requirement. Students who wish to test out of the accounting pre-requisite can submit a passing grade on the CLEP Financial Accounting exam.
- Completed three credits of undergraduate finance with a grade of “C” or better (equivalent to Wilmington University FIN 305). Students may complete MHR 7830 Finance and
Accountingfor Managers to meet this requirement.
- Submission of all required admissions documents, including an official undergraduate transcript.
Students who have not completed all of the above requirements prior to completing 12 graduate credits will not advance to candidacy status. Students who do not meet the candidacy requirement will be unable to register for additional classes until they meet with a program chair and agree on a plan of action ensuring student’s successful completion of the MBA candidacy requirements.
*See MBA: Accounting for specific undergraduate accounting pre-requisites for the Accounting concentration.
Professional Certification Option
Wilmington University will award graduate-level credit for certain professional certifications. The credit for these professional certifications will be applied to a like course or courses in the curriculum or be accepted as an elective or electives if there are no corresponding courses in the respective program and the professional certification is in an appropriate field of study. Examples of professional certifications