Undergraduate Nursing (RN-to-BSN) Program
The Wilmington University RN-to-BSN program requires applicants to hold an associates degree or diploma in nursing from an accredited school of nursing and a Registered Nurse (RN) license to enroll in nursing (NUR) courses. Associate degree in nursing candidates awaiting placement for clinical experience may begin by selecting courses identified in the Pre-RN option.
1. Submit an Undergraduate Application
- Registered nurse applicants should list their RN license number and expiration date on the Wilmington University application form
- Students selecting the Pre-RN option will apply to the University selecting the RN to BSN major. At the time of application, the RN license number text box will be filled in with the word PENDING.
2. Submit a copy of your U.S. RN license
- Your unencumbered RN license must be uploaded to your Admissions Portal.
- Pre-RN: once licensure has been achieved, students must upload a copy of the unencumbered RN license to the Admissions Portal to enroll in BSN core nursing courses.
3. Submit official transcripts
Transcripts must be sent electronically or directly from the school of attendance in a sealed envelope to:
320 N. Dupont Highway
New Castle, DE 19720
Note: In order to receive financial aid official transcripts must be on file.
4. Submit Health History/Immunization Records
All Wilmington University students are encouraged to submit a copy of their immunization records to the Admissions office. It is recommended that these records are on file with the Admissions office prior to the start of your initial term of enrollment at the University. If you are unable to obtain a copy of your immunization records, you may submit a copy of your MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccine.
*Do you have questions about where to go to get an MMR vaccine? Click here for more information.
5. Meet with an Admissions Specialist
- For personalized help with the admissions/enrollment process
- Call: 877-967-5464 Text: 302-203-9516 Email: email@example.com
The University uses a rolling admission system and applicants are generally notified of their status within two weeks of the receipt of all materials.
Wilmington University honors an open admissions policy and welcomes applications from all interested potential students.