WilmU Book Club
November 2019 | Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors, and the Drug Company that Addicted America
Thursday, November 21, 2019 | 12:30 PM
- Pratt Student Center, New Castle Campus
- Online through Zoom
Please join the WilmU Book Club for a discussion on Beth Macy's book, Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors, and the Drug Company that Addicted America. Students, Faculty, Alumni and Staff are all welcome!
Students, Staff and Faculty members can borrow a copy of the book from the Delaware Library Catalog. Click on 'Place Hold' to have the book sent to the Wilmington University Library in New Castle.
Can't make it in person? You can attend online via Zoom!
(look for the link here the day of)
ABOUT THE BOOK
An instant New York Times bestseller, Dopesick is the only book to tell the full story of the opioid crisis, from the boardroom to the courtroom and into the living rooms of Americans struggling to save themselves and their families: "masterfully interlaces stories of communities in crisis with dark histories of corporate greed and regulatory indifference" (New York Times) from a journalist who has lived through it.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Beth Macy is the author of the widely acclaimed and bestselling books Truevine and Factory Man. Based in Roanoke, Virginia for three decades, her reporting has won more than a dozen national awards, including a Nieman Fellowship for Journalism at Harvard.
Upcoming Book Club Events
- February 2020: To Be Announced
- October 2019: WilmU Book Club | Our Towns
- September 2019: WilmU Book Club | Lit Up
- July 2019: WilmU Book Club | Full Body Burden
- May 2019: WilmU Book Club | Heartland
- April 2019: WilmU Book Club | Mudbound
- March 2019: WilmU Book Club | No Apparent Distress
- February 2019: WilmU Book Club Author Event | Beyond Every Wall
- January 2019: WilmU Book Club | Just Mercy
- April 2018: AuthorTalk with H.K. Rhudd | The Month of June
- October 2017: AuthorTalk with Kate Roshon | Haven
- April 2017: AuthorTalk with Jamie Kleman | The Nevergreen Tree
- February 2013: Author Event with Daniel R. Biddle & Murray Dubin | Tasting Freedom
- Spring 2011: Outcasts United
- November 2009: Vietnam Mailbag
- June 2009: Author Event with Juan Diaz
- April 2009: Maya Angelou
- March 2009: ESPN's Sal Paolantonio
- February 2009: Nikki Giovanni...
Poet, Writer, Commentator, Activist & Educator
- October 2008: Persepolis
The Story of a Childhood
- July 2008: The Tour to End All Tours
- March 2008: The Monsters of Templeton
- January 2008: The Jersey Devil
- Fall 2007: Night
- Summer 2007: Finn
- April 2007: The Saint of Lost Things
- March 2007: Murder In Amsterdam: The Death of Theo Van
Gogh and the Limits of Tolerance