Obtaining a Certificate
Students obtain a certificate by completing a concentration of courses in a specialized subject area (the number of courses and credits varies by program). After acquiring a certificate, students may choose to apply their credits toward a degree program in the same or related field of study.
- Undergraduate students must have a 2.0 gpa for all certificate courses.
- Graduate students must have a 3.0 gpa for all certificate courses.
- Students should speak with their advisor/chair to choose to major in a certificate program.
- Students are advised on what classes need to be completed to obtain the certificate.
- Students may meet with their advisor/coordinators during the course of their studies.
- When students are enrolled in their last course for completion of the certificate program, the student must fill out the appropriate certificate form (see below).
- The form must be emailed to email@example.com.
- A Registrar Associate will perform an audit. This will tell the Registrar Associate if this student has met all Certificate Requirements. After that has been confirmed an awarded date will be entered on the student’s transcript.
- The certificate will be printed and mailed to the student’s home address.
- PLEASE NOTE: Certificate candidates are not eligible to participate in a graduation ceremony.