Updating the Zoom Client: Zoom minimally requires client version 5.13.5 (effective November, 4, 2023). For the best experience, we recommend using the most up to date version of the Zoom Client for Meetings and ensure the Client automatically updates: zoom.us/download. Additional information to download and launch the client is available here.
New for January 2023: The Chrome OS App has been retired, Chromebook users will now need to use the Zoom PWA for Chrome OS. The Zoom for Chrome PWA (Progressive Web App) allows you to use some of the same features available on the desktop client or mobile app within the Chrome web browser.
Zoom Safety: Wilmington University cares about your safety. Participants should not be driving or engaging in any activity that requires their undivided attention while using Zoom. Do not connect to Zoom while driving.
Zoom Security: Please see Zoom Meeting Security Settings for special instructions for increasing security for our Zoom platform and users.
Zoom is Wilmington University's web conferencing platform. Zoom can be used by faculty, staff, or students inside of the Canvas LMS or on the web here.
Student Zoom Resources
Students have access to their own licensed Zoom account through WilmU. From this account students can:
- Schedule one on one meetings with classmates
- Coordinate student groups/study tables
- Host interviews, record meeting and download transcripts related to coursework.
Quick Start Guides for Students
Tutorial Videos for Students
Faculty and Staff Zoom Resources
Zoom training is a self-paced training course within the Canvas LMS. Participants will learn basic features of navigating and hosting a Zoom meeitng as well as advanced Zoom settings, preferences and additional Zoom downloads. You can enroll in the Zoom training course in Learning Stream.
Quick Start Guides for Faculty
- Adding Zoom to your course in Canvas
- Recordings in Zoom
- Setting the Playback Range for a Zoom Recording
- Accessing Your Meeting Attendance Report in Canvas
- Publishing Cloud Recordings in Canvas
- Locating and Downloading Zoom Recordings
- Accessing Recording Analytics in Zoom
- Locating and Downloading Zoom Transcripts
- Using Zoom Live Transcription
- Creating and Launching Polls in Zoom
- Advanced Polling and Quizzes in Zoom
- Downloading and Launching the Zoom Timer App
- Creating and Launching Surveys in Zoom
- Utilizing Zoom Virtual Backgrounds
Tutorial Videos for Faculty Members
Tutorial Videos for Staff
Additional Tutorials from Zoom
- Using Zoom Breakout Rooms During a Meeting
- Polling for Zoom Meetings and Webinars
- Advanced Polling: Creating a Quiz
- Annotating a Shared Screen on Zoom
- YouTube: How to use Waiting Rooms to Manage Office Hours & Drop-In Visitor Times
- YouTube: How to Download the Outlook Plug-In and Create Zoom Meetings from Outlook