Canvas Learning Management System
The Canvas LMS provides faculty and students with an intuitive, fast, and engaging online experience. Canvas allows users to access course materials, complete assignments, communicate and collaborate online. It has various tools for delivering learning content, engaging online learners, and measuring their performance.
Canvas Training, Resources, Support, and FAQs
The following resources have been created specifically for WilmU faculty and students.
Experiencing Browser Issues? See Web Browser Issues with Canvas.
- Student Guide (Canvas website)
- Training Videos
- Online Course Orientation
- View Assignment Feedback
- Peer Reviews
- Instructor Guide (Canvas website)
- Faculty Tech Tips Webinar Series
- Using Canvas Course Analytics
- Training Videos
- Training Resources
- View Ungraded as Zero
- How do I copy content between Canvas courses?
- When will my courses be available in Canvas?
- My syllabus has changed, how do I update the Word document in my course?
- When I upload a file, students are getting an 'unauthorized' error message. How can I fix this?
- How do I access a course from a previous term?
- How do I grade work in a course from a previous term?
- How do I make a course card that displays on the dashboard?
- I had a Canvas Course on my dashboard, but it disappeared. What happened?
- Assignment Due Dates
- Giving Assignment Feedback in Canvas
- Groups Overview (Canvas Instructor Guides)
- How do I give a student extra submissions on an assignment?
- How to I give a student extra time on an assignment?
- How do I grade a resubmission?
- How do I give a student extra time or attempts on a quiz?
- How do I set up an assignment with an incomplete/complete grade?
- How do I allow students with an incomplete to submit work from a previous block or term? And then how do I grade it?
- Canvas Course Timeline - When instructors and students can see and access their courses in Canvas
- Canvas File Storage for Instructors and Students
- Canvas Mobile Apps - How to download and login to the Canvas Teacher and Canvas Students mobile.
- Canvas Organizations - View the list of public Canvas Organizations available for users to join via self-enrollment.
- Canvas Notifications
- Canvas Product Accessibility
- Canvas Video Guides (Canvas website)
- Immersive Reader
- Rich Content Editor
- Status of Educational Technology Tools - Find information to check the current status of educational technology tools that are used in Wilmington University courses.
- TurnItIn - Learn how to submit an essay into WilmU's Plagiarism Detection Service and how to view a similarity report for a draft of a writing assignment.